February 14, 2014

Your time will come

You plunged a knife deep into my chest and cut out my heart. You drained the energy from my being. You whispered your lies into my ear, and I could not rest.

You waved your wicked wand of misery over me as I slept, casting a spell of despair that followed me like a shadow.

You tried to poison my soul. You filled my mind with doubt and you stole the essence of who I am.

You crushed my spirit. You bludgeoned me into submission, forcing me into the corners of the ring. I hung helplessly from its ropes, unable to fight back.

You have threatened my home, my family and our deepest longing. Peace and happiness. You have hurt those who are innocent. This time, you have gone too far.

Your biggest fear will soon be realized.  I have had enough. I will not fight this battle alone anymore. I will suit up every day in the Armor of God, the One who protects my sanctuary of hope, a sacred place you will never hurt and never find.

I will be strong again. When you slip into my mind in the dark of night, I will be waiting. Waiting with the sword of the Spirit at my side.

We will one day fight to the death, and you will lose. I have seen through the eyes of my soul how this will end. I will be the victor, and you will be the vanquished.

You have won this battle for too many years, but rest assured. Your time will come.



5 comments:

  1. Fighting addiction/mental illness is very difficult, but well worth the fight. And you can win! I know because I'm a winner! Keep fighting the good fight & win! May God bless you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all of us who know you and care for you and your family will fall in line behind you to battle in your army. God bless you & your family Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you keep Ephesians 6 close to your heart during this difficult and trying time God will be there with you to defeat any schemes the devil throws your way.
    Good luck and know that there are people praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been said, but worth repeating: The fight against addiction and mental illness can be won - I know because I've beaten it. A loving God, the love and support of my wonderful family and the right combination of medication have been my salvation. Keep fighting: there is hope. Unfortunately, overcoming the stigma and enduring the wrath of those who don't want to let you forget your mistakes can make recovery difficult. But that's life.

    ReplyDelete